Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 4 at Cedars

Christy here. So, we made it through the first critical milestone of 48 hours and now we are on to the next big milestone of one week. Each day that Clark stays in my belly, he gets stronger and stronger. He is acting as if nothing has happened at all, which is what we want. The doctor's goal is to bore me silly here at Cedars with nothing exciting happening the whole time. Why do we have to stay here so long? To monitor baby's heart 24/7, to ensure the placenta is working and he is receiving the nutrients he needs, and to monitor my belly to make sure there are no contractions or signs of labor...in other words...to be as bored as possible. However, we are making the most of it and embracing this whole doing nothing thing as much as we can. The early morning hours...when my mind drifts to 16 weeks of this...after struggling to find comfort all night while hooked up to monitors...yep that is the hardest. I have me a good cry in the mornings...then I move on. I just have to get through this hour...then the next. I can do this. All my years of yoga training have prepared me for times such as this and I am so grateful. There is nothing to do, no place to be, no errands to run. I just have to sit here.
Jason and I have always been madly in love...but, as he said in the earlier post, we are more in love than ever...a whole new layer of love is unfolding between us. We look at each other and our hearts crack wide open in absolute adoration and trust. His strength, patience, consideration, support, concern, positivity, determination, thoroughness, organization, humor and love are almost too much for one heart too handle...but fortunately, I have 2 hearts inside of me now :)
Today, has been very exciting already...I got to shower for the first time since being here. All the things that I am used to running around and doing and accomplishing seem so far away from the pure joy of being able to stand up, take a shower and wash my hair. It truly is the simple things. So, I must re-set my mind to just how simple life can be and enjoy this time while I have it.
Thanks to all of you for your love, your light and your blessings...we are receiving it all with such gratitude...
Stay tuned for more!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment