Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 Pounds

Tonight's the first time I heard "2 pounds"! Yes, Clark has passed/reached the two pound mark. Of course, he received a blood transfusion and the extra volume has a lot to do with that, but heck I'll take what I can get.

He even looks a bit bigger.

And frickin' FEISTY! He absotutely HATES that CPAP in his nose. Every time he stirs he uses his knuckles, his elbows, ANYthing he can find to pry that device off his noggin'. Containing him from doing this is getting trickier as he is truly getting stronger. His push is more forceful, his kicks rival Bruce Lee. Tonight, after 'rounds' (temperature check, diaper change, belly measurement, weight, etc), a 'Binky' had to be administered to distract him. He accepted it right away, suckling fiercely. (Dear Christy's nipples...please prepare thy selves).
I placed his little hand on the Binky so he could hold it himself. Then with his other hand, he grabbed a the edge of his knit cap and pulled it down as hard as he could, holding a firm fist. His hand in a death grip! Dare, I say, pouting?!

Cutie pie!

I've seen the future. Clark will have some pretty strong opinions.

Yeah, he's relaxed now. Doin' fine. Perhaps, now is a good time to retire back to the homestead.

9 comments:

  1. "I like it when you call me Proud Pappa!" hee hee You are so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to meet this kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of Daddy in him! I will try to keep up while in Idaho... yo ho yo ho it's off to Idaho. Clark - keep up the feistiness - it really helps you grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one month old birthday, Clark Otis. And whaddayaknow..you're already 2 pounds. At this rate, you may get home sooner than later!!! I'm sure it's all the love and heartbeams reaching you every minute of every day. Shortly after you were born, I was sharing at a commitment and asked everyone to send their heartbeams and to pray for you and your parents. Honestly, I had forgotten I said that, then on Monday night, I was speaking at the same commitment about "stuff" that was being discussed and hadn't mentioned anything about you......WELL, after that meeting, I cannot tell you how many people came up to me to ask about you and your progress!!! I was so taken back by it, but was shown once again how strong prayers,love and heartbeams are. You, my sweet little man, are the perfect example of that!! Keep up the good work...and momma and poppa, what can I say...you guys are amazing!! ILY you all so much and Jason, I adore your new look, you're so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first glance, I thought CPAP said "CRAP." And man I love this kid's fire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ONE MONTH birthday, Clark. You are amazing, as are your parents. Today, may the luck of the Irish be with you! Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah. Love your description. Yeah- I'd suggest you start reading up on toddler behavior. I'm thinking he's gonna get there pretty quickly! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Happy 1 month baby boy- and he does have that aries moon, so WATCH OUT!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of our boys had love/hate relationships with their hands for the first 3 or 4 months of life. Hands were, of course, their oldest friends, and very comforting to suck/chew on, but they still weren't completely under control, so the hands would "dive-bomb" their heads or pull on the binky tether at complete random. This had to have been irritating to them, but it was vastly entertaining to the grown-ups who provided an imagined internal monologue: "There they are again! Those damn things that keep hitting me in the head! Thank goodness I've got you to get me through, Hand."

    ReplyDelete