Tuesday, March 9, 2010

From Clark

Hi everyone...so I decided that I want to get in on the action and do my own post. First of all...I cannot wait to meet y'all (I may not have been born in TN like my momma, but I do get my accent from her!) My momma and daddy sure do have lots of really great friends out there...thanks for being so nice and loving to them...and to me! I feel real special and so loved and ya know what...it sure does help me to grow big and strong...all those heart beams...WHOA!

So, a lot of you have asked where I got my name from...and many think it is from Superman...ya know, like Clark Kent, cause my daddy's a big super hero fan (more about that below)...but, nope...it's from my Pappy (that's my momma's daddy). Ya see, he passed away just over 2 years ago and my momma loved him with all her heart and is real sad that he is not around to meet me. She tells me all about him. I don't have the heart to tell her that I already know all about him 'cause he is the one that is here watching over me when my momma and daddy leave the hospital every night (along with my daddy's nana). I love my pappy very much...and am super proud to be named after him. Clark was his middle name. Momma says he would have been real proud and would have told everyone he met that his grandson was named after him. Well, I know first hand he IS proud! So, my momma and daddy thought my middle name would be Clark...and really didn't put too much thought into it because they just knew I was a girl...and so did everyone else...they all said "I feel girl"...there were a couple of people who thought I was a boy...but most people just knew I was a girl...SURPRISE! When momma and daddy found out I was a boy...they decided immediately that Clark would be my first name. As they were driving home, my daddy thought about his grandpa who was a huge part of his upbringing...his middle name was Otis. There you have it...Clark Otis...a good ole' southern name...and I think it fits me just fine!

Back to the Superman thing...well, like I said, my daddy is a HUGE super hero fan...but his obsession is with BATMAN. You should see his collection. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those action figures! And although they are all wrapped up real nice in their original package...I bet ya if I give him a really sweet look and remind him of my NICU days...he'll buckle and let me tear into one of those collectibles...I can't wait!!!

I am doing really good at breathing on my own...I just sometimes forget or get tired..but I usually am able to remember all by myself and all the nurses and doctors here are real proud of me! I got to lay on my momma's chest yesterday and today. It is my favorite time...she is so warm and I feel so comfy and safe...ahhh! She chants all my favorite chants that she used to when I was in her belly and it makes me really happy and relaxed. I did a good job and didn't D-Sat once the whole time! And tomorrow, get this...I get to lay on my daddy's chest...yippee! He is the best daddy in the whole world...he reads to me and talks to me and loves me so much...I can't wait to play with him.

I am tolerating momma's milk and the nurses are real happy about that. They say it is the best nutrition I can get. It will help me grow and fight off infection...all sorts of good stuff. I'm doing my very best to get healthy and strong so I can go home with momma and daddy...

Well, I better get back to my sleeping and growing thing...I love you all very much and thank you for sending me your love and your heart beams. They make me feel so good. And thank you for taking care of my momma and daddy and sending them heart beams...they love you all very much too...

Love,
Clark Otis

12 comments:

  1. Hey little Clark,
    Keep making mom and dad and everybody happy as you do everyday. There is so much waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Little Clark!
    We are so excited to meet you! Our little family has been reading every single post your momma and daddy have been sharing with us. We are sending heart beams to you every day and sending our love to you! Im exstatic that your doing so well Clark! We love you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just have to say...as I read this, I heard a little boys voice....so cool, and your right Clark...puppy dog eyes, and your daddy will open up his most valuable action figure for you, just to see you smile....keep up the good work, get some rest, remember to breath, and say Hi to mom and dad from Scott, Teri, Ryan and Kyle (They were preemies too...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Little Clark,
    As I recall your daddy has quite a collection of toys! I get the feeling you will be so busy when you get home. You will start planning what to play with and when. Just keep taking in our mommy's milk, soaking up all their love, and absorbing all the heart beams being sent to you by everyone everyday. You will be home soon...I know the heart beams will bring out all the rainbows and everyone will rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clark...I am sorry ...OOPS - I meant to say, "keep taking in YOUR mommy's milk.." Sometimes, when reading the blog I want to respond so quickly, I don't reread my comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jason...you will soar so much higher than Cloud 9 tomorrow. You are the best daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Clark! So good to hear from you. You probably know this already, but you are a rock star! Your progress, strength and determination is all the talk. I love your name. Fitting for someone with such a calming presence and strength, just like your namesake. I know all parents love their children, but you need to know that God gave you extra special parents who have love for you in the deepest places of their soul. One day, you may read this blog and the comments and you will see love abound and abundant. You will feel it everyday from your mom and dad. Best to you and post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to meet you Clark Otis..... Keep growing baby.... Love Laura oxox <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welllllll.....hello to you, too, Little Man. How sweet to "hear" from you and to know that you are doing so well. It had to be....so, so, soooooo many people are sending you all the love and heart beams they can muster to help you grow into the "big boy" we all know will happen one day soon! Just so you know, I am your great-Auntie Puddin (aka Auntie Sandy)....your daddy's Auntie and Godmomma....and it was your daddy who named me Auntie Puddin (taken from a term of endearment from my husband, your great-Uncle Ed and who is also a superhero fan, particularly Superman. Needless to say, he loves your name!!!) Your daddy's momma is my sister and you know her as Otis' Nana! Now that all the who's-who are out of the way, we want you to know how delighted and happy we are that you are here...a little early, but from the moment we heard about your "existence", it was love at first "word". And now, love at first sight!!! I know how hard you are working to get big and strong and I know how exhausting it has to be, but you, my little man, are a Hicks/Marsden.....enough said! You come from very strong stock with both your momma and daddy. They are the most loving, caring and nurturing parents ever, and so your future is already cast! We, on the East Coast, cannot wait to meet you and to "fight" with each other for your attention(.....oh, yes, momma and daddy, we so intend to spoil your baby Clark!) I guess I've talked enough and should let you rest. Sooo, you sleep, little man, and drink all your momma's milk so you will continue to grow. In the meantime, I will continue to log onto this blog to stay up to date on your progress and that of your parents. Like so many others who have commented, this is like a book....the best book I have ever read!! ILY Little Man, hugs, kisses, prayers and heart beams from Auntie Puddin XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK sweet thing now it's my turn to gush over you and I can do that so well. You were my Christmas present this year when your momma and daddy called to tell your Grandpa and me about you.....and as you might already know we were ecstatic. I love that I'm your Nana and I can't wait to talk to you face to face. Your Grampa wanted me to say hello to you and to tell you he is so proud to be your grandfather and honored that he shares that role with your Pappy, he said to give you these XOXO... BTW Grampa is painting you a special picture as we speak, maybe momma and daddy will hang it in your room to remind you of him every time you look at it. He would love that. I can't draw but I'm pretty good at making costumes of whatever superhero you decide you love, you just let me know. I can't wait to watch you grow and see the person you become. Well sweetheart you keep getting stronger and come home soon because when you get home Grampa and I are coming to see you and we can't wait. I love you always and always your Nana XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Clark, you keep getting stronger and stronger every day with all the love and heart beams (again, my fave heart beams are purple and pink) from momma and daddy and all of your "followers" (boy are you popular!) Love from "Auntie" which is what all my nephews, niece and their friends call me...you can too, if you want!

    ReplyDelete