Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 words...

4 pounds!!!!

That's right...Clark hit 4 pounds last night. He is getting bigger and stronger every day.

Today, Clark is the gestational age of 34 weeks (it is so hard to believe that he would still have another 4-8 weeks in my belly had he come full term). When I was pregnant, I was following a week by week calendar on what was happening with our baby...I would re-read the same week 4-5 times out of sheer excitement about the development of the little life inside of me that Jason and I created. I loved going to see my midwives and learning something wonderful and new...talking with them...hearing the stories of home births...listening to our baby's heartbeat. Every week when he would have been one week further along, I have my moment of grief...then I walk in and see his little face...let the grief pass through me and then I move on...

The physical therapist tried bottle feeding today but Clark was pretty tired and still needs a lot of practice to figure out how to remember to breathe as he sucks and learns to swallow...but it is a start. They will now practice once a day...Clark is so amazing...he'll have it figured out in no time!

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news 4lbs WOW absolutely amazing. Hang in there sweetie it won't be much longer before he's home....love you XOXOXO <----- give some of these to my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our big boy!!! I love you hunny- you and Jason are so amazing- that little boy couldn't be inside any longer cuz he really wanted to see you from the outside- have you guys hold him and he could touch you, see you, taste you;) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 POUNDS!!!!
    YEAH!!!!

    Twenty dollars says he'll reach 5 pounds by May 8th...:-)

    Wow... once he broke the 2 pound mark, he's been taking off like a rocket. Must have told himself "Oh, so that's how this growing and weight gain thing works... it's easy".

    Christy, Dana mentioned you were hopeful about Clarking coming home around the middle of May. Is there any sort of official estimate from the docs about that?? Miss you alot in class, but I can sort of understand you having a "slight" preference towards being with Clark full time when he comes home...;-)

    XOXOXOXO
    Love and Heartbeams
    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 lbs is such an easy goal for him now. It'll be a piece of cake for this big guy!! All you need is for the doctors to say, "All right, take him home!" Believe me, it is so very close!Heartbeams and love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful news! He is so beautiful! Sending you lots of love.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad he keeps growing and doing well. The Marsden family is on my mind a lot. Last night, I was telling my mother how wonderful your blog is. Heart beams.

    ReplyDelete