Monday, April 19, 2010

LOVE

I have experienced a lot of love in my life...but the love I feel for Clark...the word doesn't seem enough...I am sure anyone who is a parent will agree...it is a love so deep...so pure...so beyond words...

Clark is now 3lbs 12oz! I remember when we were praying for him to get to 2 lbs...it seemed to take forever...and now he is more than 2lbs over his birth weight. He is starting to fill out and has just cute little chubby cheeks...LOVE. He is still doing great off oxygen, although the reflux is still there...he is getting stronger and having less episodes. We called before going to bed to see how he was doing and found out that since he is now maintaining his temperature consistently, the nurse is moving him into a bassinet...so today when we get there...he will be in an open air crib!

This week we start trying to feed him through a bottle as well as by breast feeding (rather than the tube). This is the final frontier...once he is able to do all his feeding through either the bottle or breast...it will be time to come home. Of course this process does take some time. We start with one feed PO as they call it...and the rest will be tube feeding. Then we go to 2 PO feedings...and so on until all his feedings are PO. We basically have to teach him to suck swallow and breath and they are ready to start that at 34 weeks...it is when he would be learning this in the womb. Clark will be 34 weeks on Thursday. So much happening..it is amazing...he is amazing...

He has the greatest little personality already...and has these adorable little traits that melt us in to a puddle of pure delight...yep, he has us wrapped around his tiny little pinky...and we love it!
I pray that our little sweetie always feels the depth of our love...that he feels happy, safe, cared for and free to be himself. It breaks my heart to think of all the people in the world who didn't feel that as a child...

Oh and everyone in the NICU LOVES little Clark...of course...cuz he's AWESOME!

5 comments:

  1. You sound well today momma and I am happy to hear all sounds great in Clarkville too. I can't believe how far this little guy has come in such a short time. He truly does have such an entertaining little personality at this young age what great fun you and Jason are going to experience with him, you wait and see. I still follow the lilypie graphics that I followed before he was born to see how you were progressing in your pregnancy and he is right on target if not more. He truly is a treasured miracle....I miss and love you guys always & always XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed from the last few pictures how big he looks, nice and plump. He doesn't look like a premie anymore! Great job Clark, you'll be home in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official....Clark should get my spiritual name...I'm AWESOME.......because you're right Christy, he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey- my heart just bursts for you guys!!! and I am just so happy that you have this little boy in your life!!! and yes, he totally is "awesome boy!" duh duh dun dun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember saying it won't be long and he will be able to come home with you. He is surpassing every hurdle with such strength and love. He looks amazing, getting to the cute, chubby baby stage is just a few weeks away. He is adorable. I am so happy for you both. This is such fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete