Monday, May 10, 2010

And The Count Down...BEGINS!

Well kids, every day is one day closer to home. When that day actually is, is still in the guestimating. Basically, when Clark can suck down 8 bottles with no episodes (bradys, apneas) then it's 'don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya'!

The jump to bottle feeding has been a daunting task...at first. Suckin' down, trying not to choke, while fitting some good ole fashioned oxygen in there is tricky, and tires him out like a prize fighter going twelve rounds without a break. Of course, every day is better. Today, he is becoming more alert and anxious to eat. Within' the last 24 hours he took down 5, count 'em, FIVE bottles! And when he finishes one, he continues to root (claw at the air and open his mouth, eagerly hoping something like a breast or a bottle will be shoved in there). It's rather impressive. Even when he's plum tuckered out and we think he can't go any further...with eyes at half mast, he continues indicating: "I can do it, mom, put me back in the ring!"

Still refluxing a bit, but mostly constipated. So, please direct all your Heart Beams towards Clark's colon. Massage it, soften it, encourage it to cooperate. Thank you. Clark's booty, thanks you.

Yeah, not really much to expand on. Like Christy posted earlier, since Clark has been so available (open air bassinet), we've been monopolizing his time like crazy! Holdin' him, lovin' him, kissin' on him! Even fighting over him. There was a point the other day, where I was holding him and Christy wanted to hold him, and I was like, "No, I'm fuckin' holdin' him!" (In my mind) and she was like: "I'll cut you, husband! Give me my boy!" (In her mind)
Though, for Mother's Day, I gave her all the holdin' privileges...and a card. Hee.

That's it for now Chroniclers! If all goes according to plan the next few posts should be rather excitement building!

Could it be Friday!? Saturday? Stay tuned!!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!! And yes, heart beams to colon, no prob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Great News! so its' Calling all Heart beams to the low beam stat!!!! .....BTW has Clark had his car seat test yet? I learned about that on TLC 19 kids and counting...their preemie had to have a car seat test before she could go home to make sure all her vitals stayed where they were suppose to be sitting in that position for that length of time...I am absolutely positively sure our little Clark will pass that test too with flying colors (it supposidly is one of the last tests)and after he has that test it's out the door yippeee!!!....Almost Home babies very, very soon! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Clark, Honey -- I feel your pain! It's no fun. I should invest in Metamucil stock! - Maybe if I do some twists and visualize your little colon getting the benefits? Well, I'm sure it's just all part of you getting your whole digestive system in order. Soon you'll be home with your Mom and Dad and little Mollie, and all will be right. Sending heartbeams from all of us here - Robin, Art and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting really excited!!! Can't wait to hold him too! LOVE YOUR WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart beams to colon! Heart beams to colon! and I CANNOT wait till we see the blog that says "Clark is coming home today!" I remember how crazy it was to read "contractions." what seems like forever ago.. such a wild ride. Love you guys and I know Clark will be eatin, poopin and lovin with us reallly soon. PS I had a dream last night that Clark was home. and I was kissingkissingkissing him and having a great time. Then I had to go answer the door, so I set him in a basket. Suddenly Christy is like, "where's the baby?" and I realized I had set him in the laundry basket and people had put laundry on top of him!!! Christy was so mad and i was horrified.. Don't worry though- I think it was a combo of making note that I had a ton of laundry today and Christy telling me about the moses basket. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hear ye, hear ye, "colon" all heart beams, "colon" all heart beams.....everyone within hearing distance, please send your heart beams to the little prince's pooper!! What's funny about this is that when Clark is home and all content, he'll probably start poopin' like a man, filling his diaper with pleasure and laughing at you, Christy and Jason, as you gag up a maggot while cleaning him up!! Like Bekah, I had a dream about Clark, too.....he was as little as he is, but he could walk and talk. I think this is an indication that he is already and always will be ahead of his time!! How exciting!! Heart Beams galore coming to you, little man!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What if he comes home on Monday the 17th? That would be his 3 month birthday...how perfect! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it is sooner rather than later! I wonder how you two will contain your joy on the ride home? Well, guess what - JUST BE HAPPY!! That is so fantastic, he will be cuddlin, eatin, and poopin' at home real soon! Heartbeams are being sent to his colon to work their magic!

    ReplyDelete