Sunday, July 18, 2010

Clark goes for a swim

Wednesday night, the girls from this year's teacher training got together for dinner, swimming, love and laughter. Clark loves going on adventures as I call them. Everyday, no matter how small...we go on an 'adventure' together. He is so cute as I put him in his car seat, he gets this super satisfied grin on his face as I say "We're going on an adventure".

Anyhoo...it was at the lovely Rose's home, who has a pool. We arrived, I fed him via breast then bottle (I always have to supplement after-but that is a whole blog in of itself that I may dive into one day). After allowing for digestion, it was time for a swim. Clark gets a bath every other night and LOVES it. In fact, some nights, we have fed him, changed him, played with him, I have nursed him and he is still fussy. We will finally realize that is bath night and the minute we put him in the bath...voila...so chill and relaxed. He knows...even when we forget. Smart boy...knows what he likes.

So, back to the pool...it was heated to a nice 88 degrees and we got in and floated around for at least 20 minutes...he loved it. His little feet kickin'...he would lean back and kick and then forward onto my chest and kick. I am in awe of him. Check us out...


After we got out, he proceeded to be held and cuddled and loved and passed around to at least 10 beautiful goddess...he was in heaven...again, smart boy...knows what he likes. Definitely daddy's little boy :)

That night, I nursed him when we got home and he passed OUT...and slept the longest he ever has in a row...6 hours!

The next night we decided to get in our spa with Clark...we had the temp at a nice warm 96. That night...5 hours of straight sleep. We got ourselves a new nightly ritual! Now we just need about 10 girls to come over and hold and cuddle him after :)

6 comments:

  1. When Jason was 6 months old I took him to the Y for baby swimming lessons. After letting us bob around in the pool for a little while to get him use to the water they had me stand in front of them about 4 ft away while they slowly and carefully dunked him under water....Needless to say my mother instincts kicked in and I freaked. The instructor assured me baby's are like fish to water and they naturally know to hold their breath and swim. I wasn't that brave to allow them to throw him in completely and find out.The dunking was enough for me! When the lesson was over he was so water logged but I have to say he was having a great ole time...the crying was coming from me not him and we never went back the next week. Jason did end up being a water baby though he loved swimming, once he got the hang of it (around 3ish) on his own terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, both Danica and Josh loved water. Danica took to it from her very first bath. Josh waited til his second bath to enjoy it. (The first time he definitely had a different reaction than Dani!) We got both kids lessons at Lucille Cowle (wonderful place) when Dani was almost 4 and Josh started just after he turned 2. We had the pool and I wanted them to be pool safe! He is a fantastic swimmer and even did swim team and water polo in high school. And yes, it does make for a quiet evening after swimming all day when they're young! Woohoo! Just don't keep the spa too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. And congrats on that nice run of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clark is most definitely a "chip off the ole block"...we have a pool in the back yard..I think Jason was about 6-7 years old when we put it in, maybe younger....he loved it and once he was in, you couldn't get him out. His lips would be purple, he was all "pruned" up and he would be shaking...Nana Linda would say "time to come out" and he'd take a fit!!! He truly was like a fish in water!! There's nothing like a day in the pool to relax and "sleep like a baby", as they say. You guys are awesome parents! Love you all, XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. /volunteers to come cuddle Clark!

    ReplyDelete