Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Can't Sleep Blog

Yeah...can't sleep.
Actually went out on Monday night to see a pal's band at the House of Blues. Stayed up til 2am. Paid for it the next morn...and I only had two drinks!? WTF? Daddy fatigue is a biznitch. Come on though, waking up to this face can cure any ailment!
So I'm downstairs in our living room. The AC is much more prevalent here and I'm enjoying the cool. Couldn't believe it was 104 today! And probably will be again tomorrow. Yikes. Have been up for a couple of hours now. Clark, keeps stirring and I'm thinking he's gonna be "up" up any minute. Had him to myself tonight so Christy could "Eat Pray Love" with a pal. We danced to a Prince LP, 1999 (yes, a real record). I played some guitar for him (poorly...he fell asleep). We danced, then I took him in the shower with me, oiled him up, jammied him down, and got him to bed by 8:30pm. Soooo, he should wake up any minute to eat, right? Yeah, I've been saying that to myself since 1:30. Starting to get tired now. I could go to bed, then of course he'll really start thrashin'. Murphy's Law.

Oooh, wait. Hearing a stir on the monitor. Could be any minute now for reals!

Okay, I'll wrap this up.

Had a great weekend...again. Visited a pregnant pal who's about to pop any day now. Checked out her new digs...including the sweet swimmin' hole!
The pool plum tuckered him out and he passed out on their floor (with our help of course). And when he's out cold like that...perfect time to trim those lethal finger blades of his:
I'm used to it now, but every nail trim session feels like diffusing a bomb. "Please don't cut too close, please don't cut too close, please don't cut too close!"

Clark Otis is doing some new things!
- Gurgling! Yes, he has found a way to collect enough spit to form a foam of bubbles...and he enjoys it!
- Thumbsucking! He kept missing there for a while. Inserting his entire fist, or maybe a trifecta of digits. Nope, tonight...he achieved thumbsucking cuteness!
-Rolling over! With a little help from a rolled up burp cloth under his chest, he figured out how to get from his front to his back. (Video to come)
- And just when we thought he couldn't get any cuter...he freakin' does!

Ooop? More stirring? Hearing some serious lip smacking and some grunts. This could be it. Time to rouse, change, feed, and put back to bed...then maybe tend to Clark too. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. more kodak moments to cherish...you're a good son (and a bestest daddy) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you be interested in being a guest blogger on my blog? I've been following you for a while now, and I think it would be a lot of fun. I have a questionnaire all set up, you would just need to fill it out and send it back to me. Let me know.

    Say hello to California for me, I lived there my whole life, my dad was a V.P. for Universal Studios. I miss it, but not the 104 temps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    Hey, all Daddys I know do the nail clipping too (including ours). Must be something to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great pix! But right now, the one that gets me the most is of the three of you in the pool - so happy! - and Clark looks like a little Buddha! XOXO Robin

    ReplyDelete