Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gaga for Clark


We successfully had our first Date Night this past Wednesday! As you can see, Christy and I got all dolled up; B.C. (Before Clark) that was a usual past time. Gettin' dressed up and going out on the town was our specialty. Of course, taking care of him is a happy trade for our once frivolous nightlife. Rest assured, as soon as he is able, we'll dress him up and he'll hit the town with us! Though these jaunts will most likely be in the afternoon/early evening.

We hired a dear and trusted friend to babysit, got ourselves a town car, and two car-garitas later, we arrived at Staples Center for Lady Gaga! And I'm sorry, say what you will (haters), but she is one of the most fearless, most talented, most real performers we've come across in a long time. The concert was spectacular! A true event! We had such a great time! As great of a time as we ever had B.C., with some minor differences:

- Our conversations almost always included mention of Clark.
- Periodically checking our phones for texts, not from friends, but
from the babysitter.
- As soon as the concert started...we were exhausted!
- All thoughts and conversations almost always included Clark.
(Did I type that already?) Yup. We even took a break to cycle
through some pictures cuz we missed the little dude so much!
- We zeroed in on any small child we saw at the concert (yes, people actually
brought their 8 - 10 year old to a Lady Gaga concert) and dreamed of the day
we can take him to see his favorite musical artist (dear Goddess, let it not
be angry-grunge-metal).

All that withstanding, we needed that night. For both of us. For the good of the family unit. I'm sure even as Clark gets older and begins to join us for fun outings, he will understand that sometimes Mommy and Daddy have to go out by themselves too. In fact, I'm sure he'll want a break from us occasionally. We're surprised he hasn't requested one already, considering
I don't think there's a moment where one of us is not all up in his grill.

Got home right before midnight and he was in his crib, asleep. We kissed him on his forehead then waited for his mid-AM feed. I think I was still a bit tipsy when I changed his diaper. I think he found it hilarious.

Christy and I have pledged to give ourselves a once a month night out, even if it's just to go out to dinner. Man, it's great that we've graduated to that. It's like we can relax now because we are so far out of the woods. We can finally allow ourselves special parent-time to celebrate us...and him...and for whatever happens next.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! SO sweet!!! Blue is definitely his color! And look at that expression! XOXO Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say it again! that is one cute baby if I say so myself....and the Lady Gaga groupies are pretty cute too...glad you two had a fun time on your date night...once a month is a must...enjoy XOXOXO :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gaga outfits and I am sure Clark was happy that mommy and daddy went out to play. By the way, thank you for our visit! Clark is a beautiful boy and you two are amazing. The afternoon was wonderful and I loved holding Clark and really, drool is cool! Remember, what I said, even if you don't go to the Emmy's. Anytime!

    ReplyDelete