Thursday, November 4, 2010

Little burrito

Clark goes with me every Tuesday to Yoga Blend to 'help' me teach the Mommy & Me Yoga Class. Every Tuesday morning as we are getting ready to go, Clark will be 'talking' about something...trying to communicate in the way that he knows how at this point. Jason will talk back to him saying, "alright, Clark, time to get your game face on...mama's putting you to work." Clark and I LOVE our Tuesdays together. Nothing has challenged me as a teacher like trying to lead mommies through poses and breathwork while I am feeding, changing or in other ways tending to Clark...and I LOVE IT!! It is so much fun. Sometimes, I will look up and all of the moms are doing something different and not one is doing the poses...it is so perfect. The crying, the fussing, the rocking, the talking, the breathing, the laughing, the crawling, the rolling over, the sleeping, the yoga, the singing...all of it is so wonderful. I always remind the moms that this is not a place where you need to apologize for a crying baby...it is one of their most effective forms of communication and it is ok. Society tends to be a bit uncomfortable with crying...or emotional expression in general, so the tendency is to suppress. Is it any wonder when a new soul appears, untainted by the ways of the world thus far and expresses fully...straight from the heart with no apology, that people get uncomfortable. We don't want to hear what we cannot express for whatever reason we are unable to do so. But in our class...it is all good. I leave that class a better person every week. Clark and the other moms with their babies have so much to do with that.

So, Clark...surprise, surprise...loves the camera. He poses for us for an unusually long time when we are trying to get the perfect shot. I think he takes after his daddy on this one!

This past Tuesday after class, Clark grabbed his blanket and started rolling. Once he got himself wrapped up nice and tight...he paused as if to say "I just did something really cute...better get that thing you always point at me." So, I did.



3 comments:

  1. I love the faces he makes very adorable....sounds like Mommy & Me Yoga class is a fun time by all...especially for our little guy XOXOxo:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny always tells me how much she loves the class. I wish I had a baby so I could come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SUCH a little ham...:-)

    XOXOXOXOXO
    Love and Heartbeams
    Neal

    ReplyDelete