Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We are so full of love...

that we often cry spontaneously when looking at our son. He is growing and changing every day and seems so far from the pound and half fragile little baby boy of 9 1/2 months ago. When he was born we looked our fears right in the face and decided they were not invited to this experience, that Clark was going to be just fine, thriving in fact...we knew it with all our hearts and focused only on that. We did not allow any other truth to enter our field. We did what we had to do. Now, when we look at pictures of him when he was first born, it is so hard to see it...to believe that he was really that small...that early...that underdeveloped. But he was...so, we look at him and we cry. He is so healthy and so happy...we are so blessed and take nothing for granted.

I don't think I posted about Clark's Regional Center experience. Basically, they come in and evaluate preemies and recommend therapies for them. I am happy to say that Clark was denied all treatment, and simply because he does not need it. At the time they came, he was expected to be at 4 months developmentally, which he was but was also at 5 & 6 months in many areas. The therapist that evaluated him said that in all her many years of working with preemies, she had not seen a baby born at 25 weeks do so well so quickly. We are so proud of our little warrior.

Another thing that fills our heart so completely is that everyone who meets him says "He is such a happy baby." What more could we want? His happiness is our greatest desire.

So, Clark is growing and moving and eating and learning so much each and every day. He is just over 16lbs and is 27 inches long. He is on track in all areas and ahead in many.

Last Thanksgiving we marveled at how we would have a baby with us at our next Thanksgiving. We had no idea what was in store for us over the course of the year. But this Thanksgiving, we had our little baby with us...just as we said. The word grateful doesn't seem big enough...
Thanks to Nicole for capturing Clark on his First Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. It is truly amazing. I think about when he was born and how small he was and how you all were concerned but hopeful. It has been an amazing journey not only for you, but for your followers. I saw a baby on TV the other day that reminded me of Clark. I could easily imagine him cooing and giggling and all the baby smiles. Still happy for you both!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all know by now I have a serious Clark addiction. But I think now I've also developed an allergy to his pictures. Why else would my eyes get all watery everytime y'all post a new one?? BTW, have we thanked you enough for sharing Clark's journey with the rest of us??

    ReplyDelete
  4. In just a few days I am going to see my little grandson up close and personal for the first time, and I am so excited you can't imagine....my heart is about to burst with all this love I have for him and I am very grateful for all three of you this Thanksgiving season......much love xo</:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often cry spontaneously at your blog posts...thanks for sharing your beautiful journey with us.

    ReplyDelete