Saturday, December 18, 2010

Draco

Today's post is extra special to me, cuz it's another example of adult-transition-hood; when friends you've known since you were kids...are having kids! One of my oldest and dearest friends, Danica, gave birth to a bouncing baby boy, Draco, on September 7th. (She went into labor on Labor Day...how appropriate!)

Danica and I met at age 13 and instantly hit it off. One of the first things we shared with each other were our birthdays. I mean, not just sharing that we both have birthdays, but that we actually SHARE a birthday. Same day, year, almost down to the minute! I think I'm a few hours older, rather, but it just sounds cooler to imagine we're minutes apart.

Are there similarities between us? Not really. I mean, we both share a love for Little Mermaid and Billy Joel, but I'm several kinds of wacky and a little simple, she's super sweet and a math genius. Yet, underneath, there is a connection. A mutual caring and understanding, that I can only suggest, resonates from the fact that we both appeared on this Earth at the same time. And now, at the same time, we are both parents of little boys and sharing our first Christmas as a full blown family!

A few weeks ago Christy, Clark and I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Draco! Couldn't wait to hold the little dude. At 10 pounds (only 6 lighter than Clark is now), he felt like a feather. It seemed ages ago Clark was that tiny. It was great to hold my good friend's baby in my arms. It was great to see my good friend as a mom. At one point we locked eyes and recognized that being a parent...is really really great!

Here's Draco and Clark's first meeting (no, we did not link their hands for the pic...that just happened).



3 comments:

  1. very cute too see these future buddys on there first playdate....I got to meet Draco on my visit last week he is just as beautiful in person as he is in these pix (especially the last one sooooooo sweet) This little guy is a clone of his daddy...play nice you two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget our mutual love of the Animaniacs. :) And some folks might recognize that hand-me-down Batman shirt from Clark's wardrobe! Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete