Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another

 Don't let the photo fool ya. We are finished with the child birthing. The above pic is for your amusement only! Got it!? No more babies. At least not the old fashioned way. Two weeks ago I underwent the simple yet ghastly procedure of what the laymen refer to as "the ole snip snip". Simple, cuz for me, it was. Ghastly, cuz well, I could show you pictures of the aftermath but we're trying to keep this a family-friendly blog. But if you're more than curious, next time you see me,  I have 'em on my phone. 
 Why stop at one? 
 Well read about Clark's first 90 days and ask yourself, would you want to go through that again? 'Nuff said there. The most surprising (annoying) reaction when I would tell folk that I was about to have a vasectomy was "You know, you can get that reversed." Like, without missing a beat, batting an eyelash, first knee-jerk response. It struck the same chord that vibrated every time someone would ask "So, when are you having another one!?" Yes, I certainly intended to have my balls cut open thinking that maybe a few years down the line I would love to do it again. As Wayne Campbell and his pal Garth would say..."Not"!




"Hmm. Yes. So cute, I am!"

It's Halloween night! He's wearing one of the two costumes I had planned for him. We're at Downtown Burbank with the other costumed kiddies. He's soaking it all in. 





 


Here's Mom and Dad gettin' in on the act. I totally wanted to be Luke Skywalker carrying Yoda on my back. But that costume requires a tank top and I was concerned about freezing my tushie off.  We walked the Promenade, the mall, a few blocks near Yoga Blend, testing out "Trick or Treat" or simply marveling at the spooky decorations and cool costumes. We ended the eve at a pal's party where Clark shed his Yoda persona for...









Superboy! What? Never seen Superboy like this? Well, you must not be a geek. This is actually "Connor Kent", Superman's clone. Seen in comics and on the toon Young Justice!








 Man, he's growing up so rapidly. It seems like every time he wakes up from a nap there is a significant change. His arms look longer. His forehead, thinner. His expression, more dynamic. Yes, I am missing that toothless, helpless, light as a feather, baby that fell asleep on my chest. Now, the dude actually ASKS to be put into his crib. Yeah, the longing is definitely there, but longing is not enough to make us chance another preemie. A preemie that may or may not prevail as Clark has. For now, we love focusing all our love, attention, and energies at Mr. Clark Otis! Nearly 20 + months young. Full on toddler. Perfectly satisfied!

Not to say that I don't have the overwhelming urge to pick up every baby I see.

2 comments:

  1. first let me apologize for being one of those people who said " you can get that reversed if you want another baby" sorry sweetie pie that was just the mom in me looking out for you and the absolute wonderful joy of being a grandmother and of course wanting more....but honestly I can put our all into this one perfect little boy that his grampa and I adore.....He IS looking like a toddler more and more, time is flying by...still can't believe he's almost 2....these pix are great keep em coming. Give my little sweet pea a big kiss from grampa and me and here's some for you and Christy too XOXOxo:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, as a fellow man, I need to say....OUCH!!!!

    Like many others, I also wondered if you and Christy were going to have another baby, but it occurred to me that even under the best and most normal of circumstances, asking that would be a bit nosy to say the least.

    As I was just scrolling up the page, I happened to land on a view that had the picture of Clark as Connor Kent with the picture of him on the sidebar when he had just been born. Seeing that difference in one view... just can't find the words for the feeling. But know that once again Clark Otis Marsden has drive me to tears of happiness.

    ReplyDelete