Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Humpday #1

Lessee, we arrived middle of Thursday, so our 'humpday' I'd say was sometime Sunday. Yet today, dunno if it's cuz it's actually Wednesday, really feeels like a 'humpday'. Of course, it's 7am, I just got up. I'm probably being really unfair to today.
Poor Chris had a sleepless night. "Counting down the hours" she says. Plus her throat hurts. Plus she's leaking a mite. I am feeling particularly groggy, and I got me a good chunk of zzz's. So what's the big? Today, why do I feel so 'meh'?
Let's count the points here: Since our arrival, Clark has stayed put. Christy was freed from her IV rather quickly. She was allowed to take a shower. We've had a bevvy of visitors, cards, flowers, and a worldly supply of lovely e-mails, love, warm thoughts, and support! The doctors and nurses here have been so amazing (except for one...that's for another post). We're fattening Christy up with some great food, in addition to the 'institutionalized' fare she's provided.
I guess the bhavana in my mind is so bright and amazing I'm resistant to all 'humps'. Or I'm just a cry-baby, bed-wetter. Or I hate to see my baby in any form of discomfort. Or all of the above.

Watched "Howard the Duck" last night. First time in 23 years. Say what you will, I still think it holds up.

2 comments:

  1. awww I love you guys~ and I know the day will get better.
    I love this blog idea~ I feel like I can be with you every day!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that Howard the Duck. It was every bit of funny and corny at the same time. But the duck was cute!

    ReplyDelete