Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last night was lame

Today is better...I think. Last night, I was awake every hour on the hour...sweating one minute, throwing the covers off...and freezing the next, scrambling to get them back on. My throat was hurting so bad. Ironic, that I am pumped full of so many antibiotics, yet I get a sore throat. My comforts in the night...seeing my Jason asleep on his little cot and the steady rhythm of our little boy's heart...gently reminding me that all is well. Tomorrow will be one week since our arrival...each day, flowing in and out to the next, time is filled with medication, bathroom visits, typing a blog, reading, eating, and just sitting, staring into space. Jason said to me today..."it is so weird to see you just sit and do nothing...just staring into nowhere". To which I replied, "yeah, I guess you never have seen me do that, huh?" So, this is my new life. Nothing to do, nowhere to be...just looking forward to the little things.

Jason went home today for a few hours after helping me shower. Amazing how much I miss him already (it has been less than 3 hours). I got another doggie visit... this time a black poodle named Venus. She was super sweet and fell asleep across my legs. The owner of Venus is a yogi...we talked a bit...some other people came in to film me and the doggie for a volunteer video they are working on. Yes, this is the excitement of my day.

Clark has the hiccups right now as I type and it is super cute...he gets them a few times a day.

Lisa came by and brought me a sandwich...we laughed and we cried...she and I have been best friends since 2nd grade...as she was leaving Heather came in with a goji berry shake...we laughed and we cried...she has massaged one foot and is now off moving her car...and is coming back to massage the other...so excited! The love of friends is so sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment