Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our little warrior...

I tell ya...one look at that little guy...and all the exhaustion magically disappears. As Jason said...he is better than caffeine. It is so important that we celebrate...my husband and I just had a baby boy. We are so stoked. Despite all the obstacles...we have a son...we are parents! There is a LOT of happiness going around here. We sit by his bedside and talk to him, read to him (Jason is reading Harry Potter to him) and I could just sit and listen to that and watch Clark for hours. This is what it means to simply be...just enjoying the sacredness of our union...what we created together...merging of feminine and masculine...it's magical...and we are so blessed...we are a family...that's so AWESOME!

Clark is doing really great today as Jason posted! When he has an small dip...he is coming back on his own without arousal..meaning...he is figuring it out...that he needs to breathe. Smart one, that Clark. The nurses say he is a feisty one...but of course...Jason and I are pretty feisty ourselves! He is our little warrior...in there fighting. He looks like he is doing yoga...crossing his legs in easy pose...arching his back..kinda like matsyasana...so cute! He is digesting my milk...which is HUGE for a little guy like him. He gained 20 grams and is now 30 grams above his birth weight...a whopping 1 lb 11 oz.

Yep...today is one of the good days...and we'll take it...

7 comments:

  1. this is good news, fiesty is good too (you sure he's not a redhead!)XOXOXO ~:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Go Clark!! Celebration time! So strong for such a little body. He must have a huge soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's strong because you both are there right by him and it is very therapeutic to his mind and body. Before you know it he'll be dancing around in that little incubator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, I can feel all the love from you when you blog. Exhaustion is part of the process with children. It is fantastic that you are pumping so regularly. That is the best medicine for Clark. I know you know that. He will be so strong and nourished. They have made such advances in the pumping machines now. Boy, they were so archaic back 20 years ago or more!!! I love reading everything you and Jason blog - it is a part of my day. I can't wait to come home and see what progress Clark has made and how the two of you are feeling. It is so wonderful of you both to share this with everyone. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I don't feel as if our training has stopped at all. You continue to teach us, and perhaps, the most important part of all. How to
    "make lemonade out of. . ." No. That's not right, because it was never lemons to begin with. Just lemonade in disguise (as lemons). Hmmmmmmm. It may not feel that way to you. But I stand by my statement - You continue to be a brilliant teacher, even under these trying circumstances - especially under these trying circumstances. It's like - the hardest pose in the book, and you're just tuning in to your breath and diving in with grace, love and humor, to boot. This little guy is going to have a wonderful life - in this very wonderful family. Sending all of you love and gentle hugs from both of us - Robin & Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all the updates. It relaxes me to know what and how you three are doing. I find myself thinking about you guys every 10 minutes or so...so much love in this community. See you both tomorrow night after shift change. My pad. Think of it as your little lily pad to rest on...xo Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAh! Jason, I love it that you're reading Harry Potter to Clark!!!

    I also feel so much love as I read each of your blogs. Clark is the luckiest boy to have you two! And we are each lucky to have your family in our lives!

    ReplyDelete