Friday, March 5, 2010

Celebration

5 years ago my 8 year dream of opening my very own yoga studio came true...my dear sweet husband is the reason I was able to pursue this dream...and now here we are celebrating 5 years of a dream that has far exceeded my expectations in every way. The people that have come into my life...the love, the support, the community...it is absolutely beautiful...and so humbling. To wake up every day excited to do what I love to do and share what has and continues to shape my life in the most positive of ways with some of the most amazing people I have ever met...grateful doesn't even begin to cover what I feel...there are no words powerful enough...Happy Anniversary to Yoga Blend! So, tonight, Jason and I will go and join with others in celebration through Kirtan (call and response devotional singing) with so many incredible spirits...all uniting our voices and honoring the divine in each and every one of us...in the world around us...known and unknown, masculine and feminine, sun and moon, shiva and shakti...

But tonight is so much more...we are celebrating the birth of our sweet little son as well...our warrior prince. The love between Jason and I created this big, gigantic soul (which is currently in a tiny little body) and there is nothing sweeter...the love we have has always been strong...but now it knows no bounds...

Clark is doing so much better now that he has be intubated. He is able to rest which he so desperately needed to do...he is just too little to be working that hard...and now that he is not working so hard to breath, he can actually go back on my milk which is so good for him. He also got a blood transfusion today because his blood count was low. Talking to other NICU parents, the transfusion does wonders for the babies. Unfortunately, Jason was not a match...but the docs say there is virtually no difference in direct donor (family) and blood bank. In fact, they say most dad's have CMV positive blood which they cannot give to preemies anyway. I, however, am an exact match with Clark...but I cannot donate for another 6 weeks because of the surgery.

It is all good and he is in good hands...they are taking such good care of him...and we are giving him all the heart beams we can...

So, tonight we celebrate...because there is so much to be grateful for...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Christy to you, Jason and Yoga Blend. If I ever get my courage up, I will come in and see if I can do any of those things. In any case, it is a happy day for all of you and I am sending direct heartbeams to Clark!! Yoga Blend, rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love u Yoga Blend and I will be back!
    Heart beams Clark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God & Goddess for Yoga Blend! And you, Christy and Jason, have changed so many lives with your beautiful little studio. We are all so grateful! Christy, I hope you know, you are STILL teaching us, even if you aren't in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear, he's doing well! I'm O+ universal, I'd love to donate to you guys if needed! Funny with Lili and Emmy at 5 & 3, I tell them every night at dinner that if they want to grow they need to eat and sleep, this is something that you guys will be doing for years to come. Congrats on Yoga Blend your an amazing woman Christy, sending lots of love to the 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart beams, prayers for strength and stress relief to all! t.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need any B+ blood, I'm game :) Just let me know. Go Clark and Congrats to Yoga Blend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll stop by Cedars tomorrow to donate blood - I'm universal so hopefully it'll help your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete