Thursday, March 18, 2010

Molly


Yes, it is 5am...and you guessed it...I am pumping. The story of my life...but that's ok...it's for my little sweetie...so it's worth every minute.... iojlrt;ejaaaaaaaaghpieawt4K....OOPS, sorry...dozed off...

So, in all the hubbub...our little precious dog, Little Miss Molly Marsden (Molly for short or Miss Molly or Lil' Miss...or any combo that we feel called to or that she is portraying that day), has so not gotten the attention from us that she once did...I mean, don't get me wrong she has LOTS of friends coming over to walk her and take care of her while we are at the hospital...but she is used to Jason and I being home a lot, walking her every day, etc. But she is AMAZING and is doing so great through all of this.

Molly is a rescue...we found her in our neighborhood, wandering the streets...took her in and tried to find her rightful owners to no avail...so she became our sweet little companion...she is such a lover...and looks like a small stuffed animal that has come to life.

The crazy thing is I had seen a similar breed of dog a few times and was very impressed with the relaxed demeanor. Jason and I had talked about getting a dog someday but felt we were too busy. Just 2 weeks before Molly walked into our life...I was hiking with Bekah and described to her the kind of dog I would like to find when we were ready to have a dog...and I pretty much described Miss Molly to a T. When she was found on the Summer Solstice...Bekah was with me...she had been running around in the streets...just 3 doors down from our house. When we pulled up, she sat down in the street and waited. I looked at Bekah and said, you remember the dog I described 2 weeks ago...Bekah said, "yep and there she is."

So, this is the story of our sweet little companion who will steal your heart...she will also be Clark's little doggie...and we can't wait for them to meet. I brought home Clark's blanket last night for Miss Molly to smell to start to get used to Clark's scent. They are going to be such buddies!!!

AND, she is, I would say the catalyst for us deciding to start a family...it just seemed like the right time once she became a part of our lives...so this post is a tribute to our Little Miss Molly...THANK YOU NICOLE for the great pics!!!

8 comments:

  1. so this is Molly....now I can see why you love her so much, she is adorable and yes Clark is so gona' own her...can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the most magical doggy I ever did meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you told this story! I've been wondering about Molly. I think she looks like the kind of dog I would like to have if I ever got one...Cavalier King Charles Spaniel...random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly's adorable and is going to be a great "big sis!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. good golly, miss Molly, you are the most photogenic dog i've ever met. let's snuggle tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love miss molly and it has been so nice to spend time with her these last weeks- but we sure miss Mommy being with us! I can't believe June will be a year since the Goddess gifted her to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute you are Miss Molly and how fitting is your name....Molly Marsden. I have a feeling that you and Clark are gonna be best "buds". How coincidental that you "arrived" in the month of June and your baby bro was due in the month of June....an automatic "connection" wouldn't you agree. It's true we have all been doting on Clark since his arrival, but I don't thing there is any doubt of the love everyone feels for you, too! You're adorable. And I remember your Momma missing you very much while she was being hospitalized. I can certainly see why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of my dogs and cats have come from the streets-from no homes. We almost never have to go to a pound or any adoption facility to get one. So many animals on the streets need homes. We are fostering a Yorkie right now. (We own three other dogs). That looks like the perfect dog for a young child. Molly will love Clark, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete