Thursday, May 27, 2010

Loving Life...

Clark having his supervised tummy time while I do yoga...

It is important for his development and because of his reflux he does SO much better on his belly but it is a no no for sleeping unsupervised...

He spends the first 15 minutes trying to roll over...then gives up and gets some of his best sleeping done. I am pretty sure he will accomplish rolling over very soon...he is so close. While doing said belly time, I do my yoga practice with intermittent kisses on my son's forehead. I am connecting to something deeper than I have ever known. The love I feel for our son...for the whole world really...I have burst into tears on so many occasions at the overwhelming love I feel for him...at the road he has traveled...at the road we have all traveled...at life itself...at the sheer wonder of miracles...

I sit and hold him and nurse him and hold him and feed him and stare at him and hold him and kiss him and sing to him and talk to him....and repeat...all day and night...it is absolute bliss...

And Jason does the same (minus the nursing part-although Clark sure tries to nurse on his Daddy's bicep or cheek or neck quite often)...it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...

Bath time is so special...the past 2 times, we have set up his little tubs in front of the fireplace with his towel warming in the dryer...we give him an all over wash...wrap him up in his blanket...then a nice hair wash with scalp massage...and then we give him an all over body massage with warmed up coconut oil....he loves it! Wouldn't you???

Ahhhhhhhhhh....he's home...he's safe...he's happy...we're happy...we're a family...at last...

5 comments:

  1. Bliss indeed!
    (man that kid is good looking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I can say after reading this is my cup runnith over XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A complete, beautiful, and blissful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "baby kisses" yoga!! And I've heard that baby massage is SO helpful for development. You guys are awesome.

    Oh, and if there is any video of Clark trying to nurse on Jason, well, that would be pretty priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy,

    You and Jason so deserve this happiness. As much as any two parents. Just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... then enjoy some more. Can't wait to see you again... and btw, have I mentioned I can't wait to meet Clark??

    XOXOXOXO
    Love and Heartbeams
    Neal

    ReplyDelete