Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4th

Today is June 4th...June 4th was my due date. Of course full term babies can come anytime between 38-42 weeks...but June 4th was the guesstimate for little Clark Otis...and now here he is 3 1/2 months old already...what a journey indeed...

When we go to the doctor...inevitably, people take a peek in the stroller and say....awwwwww, how old is he?....to which we reply 3 1/2 months...the stunned look on their faces is quite funny. Then they say, he is sooooooo tiny....yep, we are aware of that. Now, we know why people in the NICU said we may want to give the 'grocery store version' and just say he is 2 weeks old. But Jason kind of gets a kick out of people trying to make sense of it...

So, Clark's birthday is and always will be February 17th...but for premature babies-they get a corrected age...meaning, what we should expect of him developmentally starts TODAY, June 4th. So, Happy Birthday Clark...I mean sort of :)

8 comments:

  1. I dunno... I think Clark will always be ahead of his time. ;) Happy I'm glad you're here Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're not ready to spend time away as of yet, but I'm officially offering my babysitting services as soon as they're needed. Happy Birthday (?) Clark!!!! It does my heart good to see you growing so big and healthy. Hugs to you, Jason & Christy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky little boy to have 2 birthdays maybe you should keep this from him when he gets older he will expect 2 birthday parties lol(but what the heck, he certainly deserves 2) Happy Birthday my sweet grandson, NanaLinda loves you so very much>

    PS GrampaMyles sent you these XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what an amazing story you get to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whether it's February 17th or June 4th, Clark is here and (to quote his daddy) "freakin' aawesome!" BD1 or BD2 - he can celebrate and have an extra gulp of breast milk today. (The cake will come later.) You are all deserving of a big celebration. WhooHoo! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Guestimated Birthday Clark! I agree- I think you've just got a head start! Lots of Love and continued Heart Beams

    ReplyDelete
  8. This goes on for a bit of time. Even when Anthony was 18 months sometimes people would give me a puzzled look at the park when they asked his age and I told them his gestational age, which, well, is his age. I always went by Anthony's gestational age, but there were a few times I gave his corrected age because I didn't want to get the puzzled look and feel compelled to go into some explanation. I can tell you that somewhere after two, this completely goes away. And now, at three, he is without a doubt his gestational age. They catch up. But I think I will always stop and pause on the date that was supposed to be his due date. Probably forever.

    ReplyDelete