Sunday, June 13, 2010

This One Goes Out to Tony Hicks!

A Chronicle follower has just pointed out that it's been three days since our last post. Let it not be said that we do not bow to the demands of our readers. We appreciate that you guys like your daily dose of Clark and we apologize for not keeping you up to date in our usual, regular-like fashion.

Correction...I, apologize, as it is me, Daddy Marsden who has been slacking off. But really, how could I top Christy's last post? "Clark Teaches Yoga". Kudos to my lovely for that one.

SO...got some brand new pics for ya (still no video...sorry, haven't even touched it)! First, check out this Mutual of Omaha shot I done took:


So there's this hawk that hangs out in our trees, and every day it's taunted by these two crows. Looking out our bedroom window, I happened to have my camera handy (as a new Daddy often does) and the above was the first image I shot off!


Here's a nice close up of Mr. Hawk.


I know I know. You didn't check in to read about Jason, marveling at his own wildlife photographic achievements...you want some Clark!

Here ya go:


Kay, that tide you over? Can I go on about some stuff? Alright. So...Clark's been home...ngh...hmm...brain isn't working. What day is it again? Okay. I actually have to check my calendar. Be right back...

...wow, it's JUNE!? Okay. Wow. So, according my iCal, tomorrow Clark will have been home 4 weeks! Woo hoo! Man, that is one thing that staggers me, how the time is just flying by! I wake up around...well, sometimes 1am, or 3am, 5am, preferably 10am (after being up from 5am to 8am), have breakfast, do the Clark tango, then next thing I know it's already freakin' 7pm. The sun is about to set, my body starts to wind down, then it's the scramble to give Clark Otis his din din, change him into his jammies, and if it's bath night...a bath, then see if we can't join him in a few winks.

(sigh) Alright, alright...here's another one:


Can I finish? Can I...can I finish?

So the last couple of nights was a learning curve for sure. On Thursday night, Christy took the brunt as Clark kept her up from 1am to 6am. I, being amazing, offered to take Friday night. I managed a 7pm to 9:45pm nap in preparation to staying up late. So, I was awake and ready as Clark stirred around 11:45p, crankily demanding food. I gave Christy some space and took C-man downstairs for food and a little tele. We watched Ron Howard's "Far and Away" with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. I mention this only cuz it's a two and a half hour flick and Clark was awake the whole time. Guess he likes period films with questionable Irish accents.
Movie over, I took him in the kitchen to watch me prepare some of his milk bottles. Still awake. Back in the living room, read some Harry Potter as he lay on my lap. Awake...no, wait, he's actually asleep. Thinking he was out cold, I transferred him to his Moses Basket...then instantly awake! After a couple tries, another chapter, another feed, and a couple more hours later, about 5am, he finally nodded off.

How did we go wrong? Oh, letting him snooze during the day. Like three or four, two to three hour naps. Yeah, totally our fault. But he just looks soooo cuuute when he's nappin'! See:



So, Saturday, Christy, Nana Pat, and I did our best to keep his ass UP! We napped him, of course, but sparingly. And last night, Christy and I got the sweetest, most luxurious chunk of sleep we've had in several days. Sure, we got up a couple of times to feed, but instead of Clark staying awake, he would just pass out.

This parenting thing...pssshhhht! Easy!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, it's a learning curve for all of you! You have to figure out his clock and adjust it to fit the schedule you want. You certainly don't want to have him up all night and asleep all day. You'll get the hang of it - you are already well on your way! He is way too cute, though, asleep or awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, that hawk has been in our neighborhood a few times, too. Amazing isn't he? You know, Jason...those pics are looking very National Geographic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This parenting thing...pssshhhht! Easy!"

    You are SO going to live to regret that statement...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very informative! I'll be needing all of this advice in just a few months... it's appreciated! (and yes, he is SO cute when he naps!!!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, my fix is fixed!!!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are sooooo awesome, Jason! "You're a corker, Shannon!" I love the photography. I'll have to see what it means when a falcon visits.

    ReplyDelete