Friday, July 2, 2010

Back to work

So, yesterday was my first day back teaching at Yoga Blend in 4 1/2 months. What a JOY it was to be back at my sacred home again with all the wonderful friends and students that are like family to me. We had a blast...the energy was amazing...and I felt like my old self, but brand new....

Someone said I don't know how you can stand being away from him. It is hard but for the first 3 months of Clark's life, I had to be away from him every night and usually for 10 or more hours (driving home, sleeping, eating, driving back the next morn). So, to be away for just 2 1/2-3 hours seems like nothing. Yes, I miss him, but knowing that he is home with Daddy just minutes away is so different than him being 45 minutes away in a hospital where we can only move 3 feet away from his crib because of all the monitors. It is a whole different world for sure. So, it is hard, but I love what I do and I really missed doing it...so I am back to teaching, just 3 classes a week for now. I am really excited about it and I think that is something great that I can offer Clark because he can feel that from me...my passion and love for what I do...he may not know what it means but he knows what he feels...and when I feel good...so does he!

I have an amazing assistant who happens to be a dear friend (double blessing) who many of you know-Marriah. She handles all kinds of stuff from the studio to the personal and is way more than awesome. Over the next few weeks, she will start helping with Clark so that if it so happens Jason has to work when I am teaching or when I start doing privates again at the house, she is there to help out in the middle of all the other things she is doing. Here she is giving Clark a bottle for the first time...so sweet!


Although Clark has never been there...he loves NY as you can see by his outfit (thanks Nicole!)

He is outgrowing outfits left and right and seems to be expanding before our eyes...I mean literally. He will lay down for a nap and when he wakes up...he looks bigger...it is crazy!

And YES, to all those that have been asking...I will be bringing him to the studio...for sure! And he will be there A LOT. I just want him to get a little bigger so he can handle all the LOVE that will be pouring all over him! We are so blessed and excited that he gets to grow up in such a place of warmth, community and love...

6 comments:

  1. I think it's great Clark can be with Dad while you get the time to do what you love. You're very lucky. I'm super lucky too - if I work (a few hours here and there at a high school) my girls get to be with daddy, but mostly I work now when my big girl is in school, and my little one goes everywhere with me. She's almost a music teacher herself at the age of 3! I'm sure when he's big enough, Clark just may be teaching Yoga too! Or drawing Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing just fine and that's wonderful thing....enjoy your blessings they are in abundance XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy First 4th of July to Clark and to all of you as a family! Enjoy the day, the fireworks and being together. Hopefully, we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being back to work. Wish I had been there to welcome you back... but I will be there for your Wednesday gentle class. BTW, Dana did a great job filling in for you. Really missed you, but gave me a chance to get to know Dana a bit. I'm really looking forward to meeting Clark, but I can understand wanting him to be a bit bigger so he can deal with the resulting madhouse... and it WILL be a madhouse. BTW, I had this "stupid" idea.... it's called the "CLARK JAR". We put a jar on the desk at the studio, and whenever Clark is there, whoever squeals or says the words cute or adoreable has to put in a dollar towards Clarks college tuition...:-)

    Looking foward to seeing you again on Wednesday

    XOXOXOXO
    Love and Heartbeams
    Neal

    P.S.
    Have I mentioned, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, can't wait to meet Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! That picture of Marriah and Clark is just too precious! I can't even stand the look on her face! And he's just like, "Oh, ok, I like you even more now that you're feeding me. You can stay." <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's like they always tell you in the airplane - "First, place the mask firmly over your own nose and mouth and breathe normally"- then take care of your child. Part of your self-care (and a big part, I would venture to say) - is continuing your work. As you taught us so well in our teacher training, you have to fill yourself up first, so I see you teaching again by example. Can't wait to meet your precious little boy - (but I'll wait).

    With love - Robin

    ReplyDelete